With summer winding down and back-to-school season in full swing, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released a pair of reports to celebrate the upcoming holiday weekend.
WalletHub’s Best Labor Day Sales report provides a roadmap to savings, if shopping is your preferred form of relaxation. And the Labor Day 2016 By The Numbers report helps to educate and entertain consumers with fun facts on all aspects of the holiday – from hotdogs and history to financials and 5Ks. You can find a handful of highlights following.
- Tablets, dishwashers and strollers – The best items to buy in September compared with the rest of the year.
- 35.5+ Million – The number of Americans who will travel 50 miles or more from home during the upcoming Labor Day weekend (5th straight year travel volume has increased).
- $1.4 Billion – Cost associated with Labor Day weekend travel congestion caused by infrastructure problems.
- 16.2 – Average number of vacation days taken by American workers in 2015 (23% of workers earn no paid vacation time).
- 10 Best Labor Day Deals:
|1. Kenmore Built-In Dishwasher – 46.15% off||6. Kenmore French Door Refrigerator – 42.50% off|
|2. Samsung Smart TV 55’’ – 50% off||7. Lenovo Flex 4 14” 2-in-1 Laptop – 27.39% off|
|3. Celebrity Power Media Chair – 43.80% off||8. Haier 4K Ultra HD TV 65’’ – 40% off|
|4. Serta Coralee Queen Mattress – 66.88% off||9. NordicTrack E 7.0Z Elliptical – 40% off|
|5. Lenovo Ideapad Laptop i3 Processor – 40% off||10. Rocker Recliners – 33.33% off|
Back to School:
- Best Student Credit Cards
- Best Student Checking Accounts
- Best & Worst Community Colleges
- States with the Best & Worst Community College Systems
- States with the Biggest Bullying Problems
- Best and Worst States for Student Debt
- States with the Best & Worst School Systems
- Most & Least Educated Cities
- Best Back-to-School Credit Cards for Parents
- Banking Landscape Report
- Best Savings Accounts
- Checking Account Cost Comparison Report
- Checking Account Transparency Report
Car Loans & Driving:
- Q2 2016 Auto Financing Report
- Strictest & Most Lenient States on High-Risk Drivers
- Strictest & Most Lenient States on DUI
- Best Gas Credit Cards
- Credit Card Rewards Report
- Credit Card Landscape Report
- Credit Cards With The Best Benefits
- Deferred Interest Study
- Secured Credit Cards Report
- Prepaid Cards Report
- Best Credit Cards
- Credit Card Debt Study