Insurance Commissioner John D. Doak today revealed his department’s newly updated website at www.oid.ok.gov.
The Oklahoma Insurance Department’s (OID) new site features a renewed template layout consistent with the recent Oklahoma Governor’s website helping to provide a trusted experience for citizens and Oklahoma’s insurance regulated entities since visitors will always know they are visiting an official government site.
“With our new website, we are aiming to connect further with the citizens of Oklahoma and our regulated entities because the Insurance Department has many valuable services we provide online,” said Doak. “Many of those services are provided directly off our homepage.”
Additional features of the website include:
• Six rotating banners providing highlighted areas of the site: www.oid.ok.gov.
• More prominent and enhanced search and share tools located at the top of the page.
• Video features linking back to the new OID YouTube channel showcasing consumer related insurance tips.
• Live feed of OID’s twitter account and other social media connectivity.
• The ability for consumers and regulated entities to subscribe to many of the department’s communications.
• Icons that showcase important areas of the website including home inventory checklist, online speaker request form, outstanding insurance professional award nomination form, information for seniors, and insurance tips for auto, home, health, life, annuity and businesses.
• Quick links section which provides consumers, agents and producers, and other regulated entities with the information they seek directly off the homepage.
• Online services that allow consumers to report fraud, file an insurance complaint, take an online insurance IQ quiz, verify an agent, and take OID “On the Go”.
• Online services that allow agents and producers to print a license, view CE transcripts, and update physical and email addresses online.
• Provides the ability for regulated entities to access bulletins, regulations, important forms and much more.
• New section of the website helping consumers prepare insurance wise for Oklahoma’s many natural disasters at www.prepare.oid.ok.gov.
“Now that our new site is live, we look forward to continuing to provide the best service to the State of Oklahoma regarding insurance. Our staff is working hard on additional solutions to reach our consumers and regulated entities effectively,” said Doak.
The website is a product of a partnership between the Oklahoma Insurance Department and OK.gov, Oklahoma’s Official website managed by the eGovernment firm, NIC Inc.