Tuesday, 21 July 2009
Legends and Lyrics is now airing on PBS affiliate KRSC in Tulsa, Ok. A unique genre-crossing musical experience, Legends and Lyrics honors the creators of songs who are professional recording artists, song poets and rising stars.
Produced in Nashville, Tennessee, and shot in HD1080p with Surround Sound, Legends & Lyrics is distributed by American Public Television (APT) and may be found on local public television stations across the country.
The first season began airing the first week of April and includes the following performers and song poets:
* Kenny Loggins, Richard Marx and 3 Doors Down
* Kris Kristofferson, Patty Griffin and Randy Owen
* Charlie Daniels, Phil Vassar and Jimmy Webb
* Michael Martin Murphey, Pam Tillis and Ron Sexsmith
* Susan Tedeschi, Kip Winger, and James Slater
* Leigh Nash (Sixpence None the Richer), Mindy Smith and Regie Hamm
* Ed Bruce, Gordon Kennedy and Angela Kaset
Each performance showcases well-known recording artists , and legendary song poets from different genres of music in an "in-the-round" setting. Each artist plays their most memorable songs, as well as tells the inspiration behind the creation of their songs.
The fully edited shows feature the following:
* "Recording Artists and Song Poets" telling the story of the creation of each song and then performing their greatest hit songs and new releases.
* "Out of the Box Interviews" with each artist/song poet performing on the taping.
* "Did You Know" historical facts addressing the ancient origins and interesting facts about today’s commercial music.
* "Legendary Recording Artist"/"Legendary Song Poets" segment interviews with music industry veterans of "Legend" status.
* "Rising Stars" featuring undiscovered recording artist/song poets.
* "Tips of the Week" from the participating performers for aspiring song poets.
What artists are saying about Legends and Lyrics:
Justin Haywood of the Moody Blues: "The whole thing is absolutely brilliant-I’m so pleased….It’s so beautifully lit and shot!"
Kris Kristofferson: "This reminds of the days when we’d be and nights we’d be sitting there trying to knock each other out with songs and pass the guitar around. Some of the best times I’ve ever had in my life. Listening to, and listening to you guys, it’s a little daunting to follow but it’s the reason I love Nashville."
Gavin Degraw: "By the way, I must say I am really enjoying this form. This is very rare."
Reggie Hamm: "I’d love this show even if I wasn’t on it. It’s awesome being on stage with these two fabulous ladies and having fun."
For more information visit: www.legendsandlyrics.com.
Last Updated ( Tuesday, 21 July 2009 )