Multiple news sources are reporting that after determining earlier this year there is probable cause to suspect the document released by the White House as Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a forgery, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said yesterday that he believes his Cold Case Posse’s investigation should be advanced to the federal government.
The conference was "live-streamed on the Internet by WND.
Cold Case Posse lead investigator Mike Zullo said the new information confirms the document presented to the American public in April 2011 is undoubtedly fraudulent.
Arpaio said he intends to move the investigation and the new information to a higher authority within the federal government because of what he calls an imminent threat to national security and U.S. immigration laws. The threat is posed by a flaw in Hawaii’s law discovered by his investigators that allows a foreigner to obtain a Hawaii birth certificate.
“Although I am having a difficult time deciding who to forward this information to given the fact that the obvious choices report directly to the president, I cannot stand by and hold on to information that threatens to weaken national security,” Arpaio said.
Arpaio said he intends on keeping a case file open if more information surfaces or if federal authorities decide to ignore the case.
Zullo explained that along with new information discovered regarding the birth certificate since the posse’s March 1 press conference, his team has discovered Hawaii provides easy access to a birth certificate, even if the child wasn’t born in the state.
Under Hawaii Revised Statute 338-17.8, a person only has to be an established resident of Hawaii, not necessarily a U.S. citizen, and pay taxes there for one year to be able to register an out-of-state or foreign-born person with an official Hawaii birth certificate.
“If a nation’s security is only as strong as its weakest link, then America may be in serious trouble,” Arpaio said in a statement. “Hawaii may be our weakest link and could have a serious impact on our nation’s immigration policy.”
Among the new findings presented by lead Cold Case Posse investigator Mike Zullo:
• The sheriff’s investigators have learned of a birth certificate coding system that indicates the White House document has been altered.
• An interview with the Hawaii official who allegedly signed the Obama document in 1961, Verna K.L. Lee, provided further confirmation of the coding anomalies.
• Investigators were troubled to find key information missing on the verification document Hawaii provided to Arizona’s secretary of state in May.
• Hawaii’s deputy attorney general, Jill T. Nagamine, confirm the state has a birth document on file for Obama. But she would not confirm on the record that the White House document matched what was on file with the Hawaii Department of Health.
• The sheriff’s investigators interviewed three persons of interest who have provided additional information in the case.
In prepared opening remarks, Arpaio chastised the media for the way it has handled the investigation.
“You have demeaned this investigation at every turn as silly and wasteful,” he said. “Your contempt about the subject and me for pursuing it has been duly noted.”
He urged media members to listen to Zullo’s presentation of the new evidence.
“Keep an open mind if you can,” he said. “Put away all you preconceived ideas. Keep your eye on the ball.”
For more from: