A call to wildfire victims: apply for FEMA aid

Thursday, 02 July 2009

Congressman Tom Cole is urging Oklahoma residents who sustained damages from April wildfires to apply for Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) aid.  Affected citizens in the following Fourth District counties may be eligible:  Carter, Cleveland, Grady, McClain, Murray, Oklahoma and Stephens.

"In April, a series of wildfires burned across the state," Congressman Cole said. "Our firefighters fought hard to help Oklahomans save their homes, but despite their efforts, damages were sustained.  The President has since issued a disaster declaration, and several counties in the Fourth District were included in the declaration.  Now those affected can apply for individual disaster aid.  I want to encourage those who sustained damages to their homes, property, and businesses to apply for this disaster aid."

Federal funds are available to help individuals who sustained losses during April 9-12, 2009.  Affected residents and business owners can apply for assistance at http://www.DisasterAssistance.gov or by calling 1-800-621-FEMA. The line is toll-free and operated everyday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m.

Last Updated ( Thursday, 02 July 2009 )