Senator James Lankford (R-OK) yesterday praised the passage of the first Congressional 10-year balanced Budget Resolution in over a decade. The passage represents an important step to combat our nation’s habitual overspending and add over $400 billion in economic growth over the next 10 years.
“Today, our nation took another step to achieve true economic relief through the adoption of this balanced Budget Resolution,” said Lankford. “This budget will help create a healthier, stronger economy that protects taxpayers from higher taxes, supports national defense, ensures assistance for the most vulnerable and balances the budget in 10 years.
“The Budget resolution will lay the groundwork to improve the transparency, efficiency and accountability of the federal government by cutting wasteful spending, eliminating redundant federal programs and enacting regulatory reform.
“This is what Oklahomans and Americans asked us to do, and I’m proud to report Congress was able to take the first step toward real reform to Washington’s terrible spending habits.”
Balanced Budget Resolution:
• Provides a pathway for real, patient-centered reforms to strengthen doctor-patient relationships with affordable and innovative healthcare.
• Preserves Medicare and protects seniors’ access to healthcare by extending the Medicare Hospital Insurance Trust Fund.
• Expands the nation’s economy by more than $400 billion over the next 10 years, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
• Provides an estimated 1.2 million in jobs for the U.S. economy by 2025, according to the Congressional Budget Office.
• Calls on Congress to pass a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.
• Increases resources for training, equipment and compensation for our military men and women.