With summer upon us and nearly 66 percent of Americans not planning to take a vacation this year, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2016’s Best & Worst Cities for Staycations.
To help Americans find the best staycation spots in the U.S. — and the ones worth leaving home for — WalletHub’s number crunchers compared the 150 largest cities across 28 key metrics.
The data set includes such metrics as movie and bowling costs, golf courses, frozen-yogurt shops and spas per capita, and the cost of house-cleaning services.
|Best Cities for Staycations||Worst Cities for Staycations|
|1||Orlando, FL||141||Fremont, CA|
|2||Fort Lauderdale, FL||142||Chesapeake, VA|
|3||Tampa, FL||143||Los Angeles, CA|
|4||Salt Lake City, UT||144||Fresno, CA|
|5||Scottsdale, AZ||145||Fort Worth, TX|
|6||Atlanta, GA||146||Yonkers, NY|
|7||Las Vegas, NV||147||Santa Ana, CA|
|8||Minneapolis, MN||148||New York, NY|
|9||St. Petersburg, FL||149||Oxnard, CA|
|10||Honolulu, HI||150||Chula Vista, CA|
Comparing the Best & Worst
- New Orleans has the most museums per 100,000 residents, 23.34, which is 79 times more than in Aurora, Colo., the city with the fewest, 0.29.
- Columbus, Ga., has the most parks per 100,000 residents, 213.37, which is 22.5 times more than in Hialeah, Fla., the city with the fewest, 9.47.
- Seattle has the most coffee shops per 100,000 residents, 109.43, which is nearly 30 times more than in Laredo, Texas, the city with the fewest, 3.67.
- Orlando, Fla., has the most ice-cream and frozen-yogurt shops per 100,000 residents, 57.15, which is 13 times more than in Detroit, the city with the fewest, 4.31.
- Columbus, Ga., has the most tennis courts per 100,000 residents, 70.11, which is 26 times higher than in Gilbert, Ariz., the city with the fewest, 2.69.
- Buffalo, N.Y., has the lowest bowling costs, $3.09, which is nearly four times less expensive than in New York City, the city with the highest, $12.28.
- Fort Wayne, Ind., has the lowest beauty-salon costs, $22.42, which is nearly three times less expensive than in New York City, the city with the highest, $66.18.
- Columbus, Ga., has the lowest cost of house-cleaning services, $110, which is four times less expensive than in Salt Lake City, the city with the highest, $454.
Tulsa ranks 75 on the list with a total score of 42.93 a “recreational” rank of 93, food and entertainment rank of 66 and rest and relaxation ran of 45 from this study.
For the full report visit: https://wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-for-staycations/4341/