With Americans losing over $100 billion through gambling each year, personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2018’s Most Gambling-Addicted States.
To find where gambling addiction is most prevalent, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 19 key metrics. Oklahoma is first in the nation in casinos per capita.
The data set ranges from presence of illegal gambling operations to lottery sales per capita to share of adults with gambling disorders.
Gambling Addiction in Oklahoma (1=Most Addicted, 25=Avg.):
• 1st – Casinos per Capita
• 2nd – Gaming Machines per Capita
• 9th – % of Adults with Gambling Disorders
• 13th – Gambling-Related Arrests per Capita
• 19th – Legality of Daily Fantasy Sports
• 5th – Legality of Sports Gambling
Oklahoma is 36th in “Gambling Problem & Treatment.” For the full report, click here.